In this information wealthy world, organizations with a flatter management hierarchy that uses collaboration as a communication tool are rapidly moving to the head of their industries. In these organiszations, managers and business leaders know how to communicate consciously. They disseminate a consistent and continuous message through their effective use of communication techniques.
We help build communication skills and abilities by first tackling the need to become engaged listeners, working on emotional intelligence, and collaborating to effectively resolve conflict.
Primeast has over thirty years' of direct experience helping clients be more effective in their communication at every level. Increasingly we work with businesses that face issues of culture clash within the same office and across borders. Together, we co-author team building activities with our clients and provide creative solutions to their needs so that they reap the benefits of their diverse workforce.
The Art of Motivation and Collaboration
- Are your teams motivated to succeed?
- Is there effective cross-departmental communication?
- Do your managers run effective meetings?
- Are your managers aware of the complexities of managing across cultures and generations?
Success in the modern business environment is determined by the ability of your people to work collaboratively. With flatter management hierarchies, a higher degree of competence in communication is an essential skill in the manager’s toolbox. Managers who employ a wide range of communication skills, including awareness of emotional intelligence, will better motivate and engage their people. Engaged employees listen rather than hear, therefore they contribute and become more valuable and proactive players in the strategic vision of the organiszation.
Effective communication requires managers to accept and encourage information flow to be a two-way street. Consider:
- How do your managers run team meetings?
- Do they listen to their people and use their understanding of those team members to create a collaborative approach to problem-solving? If not, what is the cost?
- Relying too much on reactive tendencies results in low levels of leadership effectiveness which has a direct impact on business performance.
When a manager employs effective communication skills, their co-workers begin to respond positively, feel valued and experience high motivation levels. This is what we call inspired leadership. We help build communication skills; increasing engagement, working on emotional intelligence, and collaborating to effectively resolve conflict.