Teams are a critical building block in today's successful organisations where structures are often flatter and processes are leaner to gain competitive advantage. Whether the focus is on service, quality, cost, value, speed, efficiency, performance or other similar goals, teams are the basic unit that supports most organisations. And ensuring those teams are empowered and enabled to perform at their best is a critical success factor for leaders today.
With teams at the core of corporate strategy, your success as an organisation can often depend on how well you and other team members operate together. How are your problem-solving skills? Is the team enthusiastic about, and aligned to the team's purpose and goals? Do you work well together? This two-day course will help you get there!
By the end of this programme, participants will:
- Understand the value of working as a team
- Develop team norms, ground rules, and team contracts
- Identify your team player style and how it can be used effectively with your own team
- Build team trust
- Identify the stages of team development and how to help a team move through them
- Recognize the critical role communication skills will play in building and maintaining a team atmosphere
- Identify ways that team members can be involved and grow in a team setting
The Leading High-Performing Teams programme is designed for any team leader, supervisor who is leading a team or is part of a group of people organised to work together interdependently and cooperatively to meet the needs of their internal or external customers by accomplishing their purpose and goals.
This two-day programme can be customized to reflect the organisational context and is recommended for 7- 15 participants per session, although larger groups can be accommodated with an additional facilitator. It can be delivered virtually or face-to-face and can reflect, if relevant, the particular challenges of working in hybrid or cross-cultural team situations.
Deliverables and Outputs
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Interactive exercises providing a safe space for participants to practice, apply, reflect and develop new skills
- Program manual and course materials including job aids to support learning transfer
- Personalised certificate of completion