The Power Up Sales Team programme provides a two-track, multi-discipline approach to improving sales performance. The two tracks run parallel; providing foundational skills needed to master communication, lead successful negotiations and build long-term relationships. The 2nd track will address the underlying development (based on Positive Intelligence) needed to build resilience, mental fitness and personal effectiveness. Based on the principles of shifting towards a positive mindset, participants will learn to understand their own sabotaging behaviour and how to reprogramme their potentially limiting responses to deliver positive results. This has a direct impact on the relationships they build and the customers they serve by building trust and delivering better results.YES, I WANT TO IMPROVE SALES PERFORMANCE
Where teams have adopted a 'positive intelligence' approach which boosts mental fitness, they have reported spectacular results:
Energy & Focus
Track 1 - Sales Skills Development
Core modules will cover the following key areas and will be full day sessions and interwoven with content from the Positive Intelligence track, bring learning to life and making it personal to each participant:
- Module 1: Self-Leadership - managing self to maintain a positive mindset and ensuring the best impact on others by staying in sage mode while engaging with colleagues. Developing these competencies improves collaboration, client relationships and enables better team performance.
- Module 2: Conscious Conversations - how to lead positive conversations both internally and with clients to ensure aligned outcomes in service of the organisation's goals and targets. Applying your Sage powers (Empathise, Navigate and Explore) to achieve better outcomes in conversations with clients and customers.
- Module 3: Affinity Negotiations - creating value and affinity through effective negotiations by resolving effectively the stakeholders' needs, wants and emotional motivations. Strengthening your Sage powers (Innovate, Navigate and Activate) resulting in successful negotiation outcomes.
- Module 4: Sustainable Sales Strategies - developing sales strategies which provide net positive benefit to the organisation, its people and communities and the planet. Applying Innovate and Activate sage powers to build greater value for customers and the organisation.
- Module 5: The Assisted Buyer Approach - understanding the dynamics of a more sophisticated buyer in a more competitive market experiencing disruption and supply chain challenges.
- Module 6: Leading High Performance Sales Teams - team leadership through coaching, delegating and empowering and how to create to a culture of continuous growth and innovation.
Elective Modules are available for more advanced skills development and include Servant Selling, Advanced Negotiation, Crafting the Customer Experience.
Track 2 - Mental Fitness for Sales Teams
Sales Teams will complete a 7 week coaching programme alongside the sales skills development track building Positive Intelligence (PQ). This element of the programme includes:
- Access to the PQ app including the mental gym to build the 3 core mental fitness muscles
- Pod group meetings (virtual) with an experienced coach to work on the identified saboteur behaviours
- Free Positive Intelligence Assessment identifying saboteur tendencies
- 7 x 1-hour video sessions (broken down into smaller increments for convenience)
- 6 weeks of daily Focus of the Day Coach Challenges and reflections to deepen understanding
Insights from the Positive Intelligence track will be integrated into the Skills Development modules to ensure participants begin to adopt and apply a positive mindset approach to improve sales performance.
Read more about the impact of EQ and Saboteur behaviour on Sales Performance:
How the PQ Coaching App supports Sales Team Development
Alongside the Sales Skills development modules, Sales Teams will build a foundation of mental fitness by strengthening the three critical mental muscles to shift mindset from negative to positive, moving the balance of power from Saboteur (negative self) to Sage (positive self).
Understanding Saboteur Behaviour
Assessment insights inform the personalised content that participants work through via the app
Developing Sage Muscle
Participants learn and practice the 5 core Sage responses which transform outcomes of imprinted behaviours
Participants complete daily focus activities and mental gym activities to strengthen the Sage Muscle and retrain responses to challenging situations
Shifting from Negative to Positive Mindset
Participants learn to do mental fitness 'reps' to help shift from negative self to positive self.
Deliverables and Outputs
- The Core Sales Skills Development modules will each be full day sessions. They will be highly interactive, include real-play, video scenarios, immersive activities where participants will develop their skills through experiential learning, missions and practical projects.
- Modules can be delivered either face-to-face, virtually or via blended learning to suit a range of learning styles and to satisfy organisational needs.
- The programme comprises of 2 interwoven tracks, developing skills and the personalised insights from the PQ element of the programme enabling participants to understand the link between thinking, behaviours and performance.